A recent survey has highlighted that we Brits are picky when it comes to our eggs. Nationally, the fried egg is the favourite with 36% choosing this, scrambled egg was second with 25%, followed by poached in third with 18%. The most traditional choice of boiled was beaten into fourth with just 6%, with speciality dishes such as Eggs Benedict and Eggs Royale gaining just 4%. The survey found both age and location had an impact on egg choice, with different egg styles proving popular in different areas and age groups.
Did you know that...
- 18-24 year old's across the UK, and people in Northern Ireland prefer theirs scrambled?
- Whereas 25-34 year old's in the North East like theirs poached?
- 45-54 year old's in the South West want theirs fried?
- Yet 55+ year old's in Scotland would prefer theirs boiled?
- Finally, 55+ year old's in London would choose speciality eggs, such as Eggs Benedict?
How do you eat yours?